Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm a meatatarian

Did you know the opposite of vegetarian is "meatatarian"? This is according to a 10 year old boy. J's son, to be exact.

Anyways, I stopped eating meat & drinking milk a year ago. I have explained the entire control thing. If you know me at all then you'll get that. Also, I thought of it as a good way to lose some weight. Now I've lost about 20-25lbs BUT I don't think it has anything to do with not eating meat. I think it has to do with stress & a diet mainly consisting of wine & cigarettes. And hummus!

Lately I've been tired. Like really tired. A kind of tired that goes far beyond the "you're a single mom to 4 year old twins, for fuck's sake"! Because that's not it. My doctor's office tested my blood & found me very deficient in vitamin B12 & vitamin D. No big deal, they want me to take lots of supplemental vitamins & see a nutritionist.

Anyways, I've decided that instead of supplementing all kinds of vitamins trying to make myself feel better I am just going to start eating some meat again. And it's a slow painful process. Not because it's hard for me mentally to eat meat, but it's hard on me physically. Think stomach flu & then multiply that times 10. Yeah, gross.

In the past 2 weeks I've had a piece of bacon, a bite of a sausage biscuit, 1/2 a 7oz steak medium, 1 chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a, some chicken nuggets & an Asian chicken wrap.

And it was good. Especially the steak.

Here's to my health!!

No comments: