Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day

Eight years ago I was moving from Texas to DC. And, so was George W. Bush.

And now, today, as Bush goes back to Texas, I bid him farewell. Adios. Ciao. Later. Peace out, yo!

DC is swarming with people today - somewhere around 3 million. I briefly contemplated joining the festivities, live, but I am content watching the live newsfeed from myfoxdc.com.

Obama represents change for many Americans & for many different reasons. To me he represents an ordinary man who is about to embark on an extraordinary journey. It has nothing to do with his lack of experience, his race, his past or the fact that he smoked cigarettes... I find all of that to be what makes him ordinary.

So, Happy Inauguration Day! Enjoy witnessing the history our country is making today.

No comments: