Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Connect the dots, la la la la

Lately, I've been reconnecting with people from my past - mostly thanks to Facebook. Yesterday I chatted with our high school's former class dork. And the one thing I can remember about him is that he helped me with my Biology bug collection project 16 years ago. It's hard to believe I was once 15, but I was! So, class dork lives 10 minutes from me - which is a long ways from Katy, Texas. And, guess what?

He's still a dork! And a pompous ass, at that!

So, Michael Webb, take your Wegman's grocery store & the tuition to your children's private school & stick it!

Snort.

Most of my reconnects have been less awkward & more sincere. But, I have to be honest - I've never listed any of my schools on my Myspace or my Facebook. Is that odd? The painful truth is I never wanted to reconnect with these people & have to explain the last decade plus of my life to anyone who knew me when I was a little goody-goody gum drop. And yes, I was that girl. The dork, the honor student, the shy, quiet type with bangs & a Dooney & Bourke purse that was green. Ahem. Forest green.

I feel like perhaps I should have done more in my 20's & then I'd have some bragging rights, too. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of who I am, but I also hate to be judged. So, I'm not real sure what that makes me. It's probably open for discussion.

Who the hell am I kidding? I'm Lola Starr & I'm phenomenal!

Yeah. That's it.

Superstar!

No comments: