Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up


I had a 3 day weekend. And you know what? At the end of it all I fell asleep at 8:30pm last night. I was exhausted.

Friday night J & I went out with our usual suspects minus one hot blond aerobics instructor & her main squeeze. (date nights are not allowed, you two!) Ms. Drinky Drinks Alot was already drinky drunky drunk by the time she arrived so 1/2 hour of almost scoring with her later she left with her date to the Golden Arches. J & I decided to stay, have some drinks & hang out together. I think he was bummed that only I got to see her nipple.

The next morning was hell on Earth because the A's had to be at school at 8:30am for a performance at the Winter Bazaar at the school. It was kinda worth it - they were so stinkin' cute! (Maybe I'm just partial...) We had a great time & J, Lavagirl & the Boy came with & got to meet the twins' teachers & see their classrooms. We even spent more than $100 at the book fair. Snort. Damn children.

We left there to head up to see Santa at the mall. Somehow, I got stuck with girl duty & I took the triplets inside & surprise - there was NO LINE! That never happens, but it was only 10am. We had lunch all together plus my sweet baby boy was there. (he's in the turkey thread at the very bottom!) All the children quickly start to expire.

By this point I'm so wiped out that I get home, get all the girls to bed, get the Boy situated & I am just about to drift off to sleep...

No luck. The Boy has his first movie date with his girlfriend. I did get to drop him off at the theater & it was one of the proudest moments I've ever felt as an almost parent. Since Lavagirl didn't ever actually fall sleep she went with me to take the Boy & then we cruised over to Michaels for Christmas decor for the house & to the grocery store for the house party that we found out we were having just 2 hours prior.

There is no rest for the weary. Snort.

House party. Yes, J & I had a little party. Since most of our friends have children & we're always doing the babysitter/go out thing we decided to all just hang out at the house. My bestfriend & her husband came with their 3 year old. The blond who was a no show the night before came with her 3 year old plus the guy she's dating. We ate, drank, let all the girls run around upstairs & had a great time. And, I'm not really sure who's idea it was to come home with all the crabs, but I still have a pot full of steamed crabs in my fridge.

No one felt good on Sunday. So, I was on mom duty. I made the triplets TWO lunches, cleaned up from the party & was getting the house ready for my house guest while J & the Boy were sleeping.

Really, there is no rest for the weary.

I went to pick up my house guest & I took her grocery shopping with me. When we arrived back home EVERYONE WAS SLEEPING. At that point I would have cut off my right pinkie toe for a nap. Snort.

After an evening of dinner, bowling, beer, action & entertaining J & I were up most of the night due to sick children and/or those children wishing to not sleep for some strange reason.

The next morning I'm up at usual time to take the twins to school. And I return to find my guest still sleeping so I zonk out on the couch for an hour. It was heavenly... until my phone started ringing non-stop.


I decided I may as well get up & clean house. I clean a lot, by the way...

Then I made brunch & afterwards my guest, the Boy & I play ROCK BAND! And we were sadly interrupted by the fact that I had to get my guest to Baltimore so she could catch her plane.

I return from B'more with a sick child who seems to have an aversion to any type of cough medicine. He starts destroying all humans on the XBOX while I sat down for 1/2 hour reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. Yes, I bought that at the book fair. Para.

Then I get off my ass & clean bathrooms, do dishes, start dinner, pick up the twins & by the time I get the whiniest children on the planet home & nearly collapse from sheer exhaustion...

J is ready to help me get them fed, bathed & off to bed. One was out by 6:40 & the other by 7:15. I guess they were tired, too.

And then we zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!


crazycase said...



Lola Starr said...

And eat all leftover cake balls...