Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh my fucking God, someone give me a wall to bash my head up against, STAT!

I am so frustrated, annoyed & I want to gouge my eyeballs out with a pencil.

Ick.

Do you want to know what my problem is? I will ultimately sound stupid, I know.

J & I were invited to attend another Gala this weekend in Richmond by friends. We said yes.

And now, one day later we have spent the entire morning arguing about going.

I really want to go to this Gala. I mean any excuse to drink while wearing a formal gown, right? Yeah, you get it. We have come up with 100 excuses to not go & I can't really figure out why we would do that. I think we both really want to go. Insert scratch head smilie here.

Here are some of our lame attempts at blowing off the really fun, drinky, formal, Gala awesome time we could have tomorrow night.

1. J & I have a million things we could do around the house this weekend. My clothes are still in boxes, we have a mountain of laundry & the carpets upstairs need a good steam cleaning. Meh. How's that for a fun, kid free weekend?

2. We probably should not spend the money, but we don't budget so what does it matter anyways? (I'm being sarcastic here, btw)

3. The latest issue is that J's license is suspended, again. And he doesn't have time today to go take care of it because of work. And since business is slow for his company I don't think the Vice President should take the day off just to go get a license so he can take his girlfriend out of town tomorrow. Snort. He should probably go to work & get some clients so he can make some money! I dunno, I'm torn.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, we deserve this. I have spent the past 3 hours in a pissy mood because a couple of 4 year olds traumatized me this morning over a pair of black leggings with silver stars. In my efforts to dress them differently I bought one child those leggings & the other child the red plaid leggings to go with the super cute penguin shirt. Sigh. NEVER AGAIN I TELL YOU. (Remember that I said that, mmmkay?)

The bottom line is this: I've confessed to complicating everything already in this blog. I know I do. But, damn, I think I've met my match. J is just like me only a boy. A really cute boy.

I'm still unsure of my fate for the weekend, but I'll let you all know how it pans out later.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

You should DEFINITELY go to the gala. If it is a kid free weekend then it is a MUST that you two get dressed up and go OUT! That is a TEF order, k?

*kisses, hugs and all that mush*

Lola Starr said...

Yeah, but I have to do an open house on Sunday anyways. Pout.