Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blogging while my sister is laying next to me in a hosptial room in Katy, TX on a rainy Thursday afternoon.

What really happens when we die?

As I sit here in my Nana's hospital room listening to her plan her funeral (what that really means is I am listening to her ramble about canceling a meal & who is going to open the cemetary gates) I am pondering this morbid topic, again.

Is there a heaven? And, how do we get in line for it? J & I had this conversation on the way to the airport yesterday. He told me he was afraid of dying because he wasn't really sure he believed in heaven. Is heaven just a place someone dreamed up so we don't have to be afraid to die? I don't know about you, but the thought of rotting in the ground is not appealing to me by any means. But, I'm a realist. I don't necessarily think we will bounce from cloud to cloud with the angels, either. It's one of those things I try not to think about because the outcome of my thoughts leaves me a bit sad, but as I watch the life leave my Nana I can't help but wonder about it all over again.

I can admit it. I am also afraid fo dying. I'm nowhere near ready to leave this Earth, but I know from experience that I could go at any given second on any given day. And, that sucks. I really hope there is a nice place we all go when we depart because I confess: the thought of that brings me comfort, too.

Did I just conform?

Anyways, this blog sucks & I am tired of thinking about death. I will sit here & watch my sister sleep. She has been up for two nights with Nana & she has earned herself a nice nap.

No comments: