Thursday, March 19, 2009

I really wish I had something other to write about

than my level of pain right now. This wisdom teeth removal has been far more painful than I ever realized. And had I known that this were going to be the case, I would have not done the procedure. My threshold for pain is not even that low, but this is ridiculous.

I am one week post op & I woke up this morning in excruciating pain. The muscles in my cheeks are still swollen so I can't open my jaw more than the size of a nickel. I'm not able to work full days because taking narcotics at work just doesn't seem smart. J is helping a lot with the girls & I know he probably wants a break, too.

It just doesn't seem fair to have to suffer in misery only to have your oral surgeon tell you there is nothing clinically wrong with you that he can see & that I'm just going to have to grin & bear it. Asshole. The reasons I'm in pain have ranged from "You had big teeth, so you have large wounds." to "I don't really know why you are in so much pain." to "Maybe you should get a second opinion."

All I want is a tolerable, speedy rest of my recovery & maybe a hug.

No comments: