Thursday, April 9, 2009

No shit, I'm a strong "I"

Today in real estate land I had a 2 hour DiSC test seminar. When Realtors aren't busy getting listings or showing houses (which I am busy doing) we block off some free time to take some training. And my new office has a lot of sessions to offer...

My team decided to take the DiSC training. DiSC is a personality test.

For those of you new to this -

DiSC Classic Profile provides a nonjudgmental language for exploring issues across 4 primary dimensions of behavior:

* Dominance: Direct & Decisive. D's are strong-willed, strong-minded people who like accepting challenges, taking action, and getting immediate results

* influence: Optimistic & Outgoing. I's are "people people" who like participating on teams, sharing ideas, and energizing and entertaining others

* Steadiness: Sympathetic & Cooperative. S's are helpful people who like working behind the scenes, performing in consistent and predictable ways, and being good listeners

* Conscientiousness: Concerned & Correct. C's are sticklers for quality and like planning ahead, employing systematic approaches, and checking and re-checking for accuracy

(borrowed from www.disctests.com)


Now, I'm an iD. And I am not surprised one bit! However, as I was taking my test & interpreting my answers on graphs & charts I had a thought. I need to know where J lies on this spectrum. J & I butt heads a lot. And even though we get along great for the most part, I keep thinking about the past few weeks where we keep clashing on the smallest of things.

And now I have it figured out.

He is also an iD. And not only are both iDs, but we both are iDSC. In that exact same fucking order.

The mystery is solved. He's my long lost twin born 2 years before me in another state by two completely different parents.

Snort.

Seriously, I strongly suggest the test. Whether it is for work purposes or personal information only, it's interesting to read the details descriptions. Mine fits me pretty accurately. Almost, scarily.

No comments: