Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Interesting thoughts for the day.

We've all made mistakes. No one is perfect, right?

Do you ever feel that by sharing your mistakes with someone close to your heart that it almost always makes you susceptible to being hung before ever standing trial?

I guess I'll elaborate.

If someone near & dear to you in a previous life had been found guilty of stealing hamburgers would you be a little leery of cooking up chopped up cow?

Hmm. I'll try again.

If the person who claims to be the love of your life once cut off a man's toes in his sleep would you wear a chastity belt around your feet at night?

I can't only take the blame for this. I am not only the giver of the judgment, but very much a receiver. At what point do you stop punishing the other for past mistakes? I mean, for my entire life I always heard the phrase, "Honesty is the best policy". But, is it?

Is there such a thing as being too honest? Isn't there a certain beauty to being loved unconditionally, mistakes & all? Does history always repeat itself? Do people change? Do we learn? Do we grow while learning from our past mistakes? Am I driving you nuts? Do you want me to shut up? Can I get you a drink?

Interesting thoughts...

No comments: