Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Important lessons learned so far this month...

1. Don't flip out when your child cuts her own hair. Even if she does it at her dad's house & no one notices for 2 days. It's just hair. And, the child wanted bangs. She now think she looks like Dora. Thing 1 & 2 no longer have the same hair cut & it will be okay. When Thing 2 asked tonight if they were still sisters I laughed... Give them some space to become their own people, but never leave scissors in reach of a couple of precocious 5 1/2 year olds.

2. Eat a donut from time to time. Or a slice of cheesecake. I avoid these two foods like the plague. I eat maybe one donut a year, if that. And cheesecake is an annual event & most usually is consumed only on my birthday. If it's a glazed Krispy Kreme you want, indulge. Just don't over do it...

3. Tying in to #2, don't always count every calorie you consume or every calorie you burn. It's exhausting & dammit, I do it way too often. I went downstairs for a handful of cheeze-its & the Boy asked, "Do you really count out your crackers?" Yes, I do. I am that girl. Para.

4. Learn to let go. Having insane control issues only gives you a headache. There is no need to control EVERY.SINGLE.THING. Sometimes this lesson is far easier to type than to learn. Seriously. I am a control freak people!

5. Expect the worst & hope for the best. It's all you can really do.

6. Cherish your adult time. I say this as a newly (again) Stay at Home Mom. I don't get much adult interaction on a daily basis & I find that it is becoming a huge issue for me. Find ways to get out. I am faithful to my gym because I'm grateful for the sea of sweating adults I find inside. I am also enjoying the grocery store, pool & sometimes the mall. Spark up a conversation with a complete stranger & may he be cute. Ha ha!

7. Don't be such a bitch. Enough said.

8. Make time for your friends. There truly are people who want to spend time with you. Sometimes you just have to drive farther than 10 minutes to see them.

9. Getting a pedicure instantly makes you feel prettier. If you don't believe me, try it.

10. Don't ever shave your bikini area with a dull razor. Yes, I know this isn't exactly a "new" lesson, but those bumps hurt. And are a tad unsightly.

August isn't even halfway over, yet!

1 comment:

eednic said...

spend time with your friends! that's one i struggle with and it's on my brain today because a friend asked to hang out with me sunday night and i was like "meh i don't like love story movies i wanna stay home" and then she invited me to some charity benefit thing tomorrow night and i'm like "meh i don't want to come all the way back downtown after driving all the way home in rush hour traffic for 45 minutes only to feed the dog and get right back in the car" and yadda yadda. i don't know man. i'm not sure it's worth it. i care about my friends! but also my sanity. and if i'm just going to be acting insane maybe i SHOULD just stay home!